英語900句基本會話
Greetings 問候語
1. Hello! / Hi!
你好!
2. Good morning / afternoon / evening!
早安/午安/晚安!
3. I'm Kathy King.
我是凱西‧金。
4. Are you Peter Smith?
你是彼得‧史密斯嗎?
5. Yes, I am. / No, I'm not.
是,我是。/ 不,我不是。
6. How are you?
你好嗎?
7. Fine, thanks. And you?
很好,謝謝,你呢?
8. I'm fine, too.
我也很好。
9. How is Amy / your wife / your husband?
艾美好嗎?/你妻子好嗎?/你丈夫好嗎?
10. She is very well, thank you.
她很好,謝謝。
11. Good night, Jane.
晚安,珍。
12. Good-bye, Mike.
再見,邁克。
13. See you tomorrow.
明天見。
14. See you later.
待會兒見。
15. I have to go now.
我必須走了。
Expression In Class 教室用語
16. May I come in?
我能進來嗎?
17. Come in, please.
請進。
18. Sit down, please.
請坐。
19. It's time for class.
上課時間到了。
20. Open your books and turn to page 20.
打開書,翻到第20頁。
21. I'll call the roll before class.
上課前我要點名。
22. Here!
到!有!
23. Has everybody got a sheet?
每個人都拿到講義了嗎?
24. Any different opinion?
有不同意見嗎?
25. Are you with me?
你們跟上我講的了嗎?
26. Have I made myself clear?
我講明白了嗎?
27. Could you say it again?
你能再說一遍嗎?
28. Any questions?
有什麼問題嗎?
29. That's all for today.
今天就講到這裡。
30. Please turn in your paper before leaving.
請在離開前交考卷。
Identifying Objects 辨別物品
31. What's this?
這是什麼?
32. It's a pen.
是支筆。
33. Is this your handbag?
這是你的手提包嗎?
34. No, it isn't. / Yes, it is.
不,它不是。/是的,它是。
35. Whose pen is this?
這是誰的筆?
36. It's Kate's.
是凱特的。
37. Is that a car?
那是一輛小汽車嗎?
38. No, it isn't. It's a bus.
不,那是一輛公共汽車。
39. What do you call this in English?
這個用英語怎麼說?
40. What is the color of your new book?
你的新書是什麼顏色的?
41. How big is your house?
你的房子有多大?
42. How long is the street?
這條街有多長?
43. What's the name of the cat?
這貓叫什麼名字?
44. Where's the company?
那個公司在哪裡?
45. Which is the right size?
哪個尺寸是對的?
About Belongings 關於所有物
46. What's this?
這是什麼?
47. It's an air-conditioner.
這是空調。
48. Is this yours?
這是你的嗎?
49. Yes, it's mine.
是的,是我的。
50. Where are my glasses?
我的眼鏡在哪裡?
51. Do you know where I've put my glasses?
你知道我把眼鏡擱哪裡了嗎?
52. Over there.
在那邊。
53. On the desk.
在桌上。
54. Is this your pen? I found it under the desk.
這是你的筆嗎?我在桌下撿的。
55. No. Mine is blue.
不是。我的是藍的。
56. Which is your bag?
哪個是你的袋子?
57. The bigger one.
較大的那個。
58. The one on your right.
你右邊的那個。
59. Are these books all yours?
這些書全是你的嗎?
60. Some of them are mine.
一部份是我的。
Identifying People 辨別身份
61. Who are you?
你是誰?
62. I'm Jim.
我是吉姆。
63. Who is the guy over there?
那邊那個人是誰?
64. He's Bob.
他是鮑勃。
65. Is that girl a student?
那個女孩是學生嗎?
66. No, she isn't.
不,她不是。
67. What do you do?
你是做什麼的?
68. I'm a farmer.
我是農夫。
69. What does he do?
他是做什麼的?
70. He's a manager.
他是經理。
71. She must be a model, isn't?
她一定是個模特兒,不是嗎?
72. I really don't known.
我真不知道。
73. I have no idea about it.
我一點都不知道。
74. Can she be a driver?
她可能是個司機嗎?
75. Yes, I think so.
是的,我認為是。
About Introduction 關於介紹
76. What's your name?
你叫什麼名字?
77. May I have your name?
能告訴我你的名字嗎?
78. My name is Thomas.
我叫湯瑪斯。
79. Just call me Tom.
就叫我湯姆吧。
80. What's your family name?
你姓什麼?
81. My family name is Aynesworth.
我姓安尼斯華斯。
82. How do you spell it?
怎麼拼?
83. Who is the lady in white?
穿白衣服的 那位小姐是誰?
84. Could you introduce me to her?
你能把我介紹給她嗎?
85. Rose, let me introduce my friend to you.
羅斯,讓我介紹一下我的朋友。
86. This is Tom. He's my classmate.
這是湯姆。我的同學。
87. Nice to meet you.
很高興認識你。
88. Nice to meet you, too.
認識你我也很高興。
89. Let me introduce myself.
讓我自我介紹一下。
90. How do you do?
你好!
Year, Month And Day 年、月、日
91. What day is it today?
今天星期幾?
92. It's Monday today.
今天是星期一。
93. What's the date today?
今天是幾號?
94. It's January the 15th, 1999.
今天是 1999年1月15日。
95. What month is this?
現在是幾月?
96. It's December.
現在是十二月。
97. What year is this?
今年是哪一年?
98. It's the year of 1999.
今年是1999年。
99. What will you do during this weekend?
這週末你做什麼?
100. Does the shop open at 9 am on weekdays?
這家店平常是早上9點開門嗎?
101. It opens at 8 am on weekdays, but at 9 at weekends.
平日上午8點開,但週末9點開。
102. What will you do the day after on next?
後天你將做什麼?
103. What did you do the week before last?
上上星期你做什麼?
104. I'll work for the next 5 days.
我要工作5天(從明天算起)
105. It's been 5 years since I last saw you.
我已5年沒見你了。
Talking About Objects 談論事物
106. Do you have a computer?
你有電腦嗎?
107. Yes, I do.
是的,我有。
108. He has that book, doesn't he?
他有那本書,是嗎?
109. No, he doesn't.
不,他沒有。
110. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
你有兄弟或姐妹嗎?
111. No, I'm a single son.
沒有,我是獨生子。
112. Does your computer have a modem?
你的電腦有數據機嗎?
113. Do you have shampoo here?
這兒有洗髮精賣嗎?
114. What a beautiful garden you have!
你的花園真漂亮。
115. Any tickets left?
有剩票嗎?
116. Do you have glue? I need some here.
你有膠水嗎?我這裡需要一點。
117. I have some left.
我剩下一些。
118. If you have more, please give me some.
如果你有多的,請給我。
119. Do you have my pencil?
你拿了我的鉛筆嗎?
120. Yes, I have your eraser, too.
是的,我還拿了你的橡皮。
Talking About Time 談論時間
121. What time is it now?
現在幾點?
122. It's two o'clock.
現在兩點。
123. It's a quarter past five.
現在是五點一刻。
124. It's ten minutes to four.
現在差十分四點。
125. It's half past nine.
現在是九點半。
126. It's one o'clock sharp.
現在一點整。
127. It's not four o'clock.
還沒到四點呢。
128. My watch says two o'clock.
我的表是兩點鐘。
129. My watch is two minutes fast.
我的表快了兩分鐘。
130. What's the time by your watch?
你的表幾點了?
131. We must arrive there on time.
我們必須準時到那兒。
132. There are only two minutes left.
只剩兩分鐘了。
133. Can you finish your work ahead of time?
你能提前完成工作嗎?
134. The flight is delayed.
飛機晚點起飛。
135. The meeting is put off.
會議延期了。
About Dates 關於日期
136. What day is today?
今天星期幾?
137. Today is Monday.
今天星期一。
138. What's the date today?
今天幾號?
139. Today is May 21st.
今天是五月二十一號。
140. When were you born?
你什麼時候出生的?
141. I was born on September 1st, 1976.
我出生在 1976年9月1日。
142. What time?
什麼時候?
143. You name the time.
你定時間吧。
144. I'll meet you tomorrow.
我們明天見面。
145. Do you know the exact date?
你知道確切日期嗎?
146. Please check the date.
請核實一下日期。
147. What were you doing this time last year?
去年這時候你在做什麼?
148. How long will the sale last?
折價銷售多久?
149. Only three days.
僅三天。
150. I'll be back in 5 days.
我五天之後回來。
About Visits 關於拜訪
151. Hello. Can I see Mr. Green?
你好,我能見格 林先生嗎?
152. Do you have an appointment?
你有預約嗎?
153. Sorry, I don't.
對不起,我沒有
154. Yes. At 3 pm.
是的,約的是下午3點。
155. Sorry, Mr. Green can't see you now.
對不起,格 林先生現在不能見您。
156. He's on the phone.
他在打電話。
157. Would you wait here for a minute?
您能在這裡等一下嗎?
158. Would you like something to drink?
您想喝點什麼嗎?
159. Tea, please.
我喝點茶吧。
160. Mr. Green, Mr. Smith is here.
格 林先生, 史密斯先生在這裡。
161. You may go in now.
您可以進去了。
162. Nice to see you, my old friend.
真高興見到你,我的老朋友。
163. How have you been these years?
這些年你怎麼樣?
164. You've changed little.
你一點也沒變。
165. Do you still remember that Christmas?
你仍記得那個耶誕節嗎?
About Language 關於語言
166. Do you speak English?
你會說英語嗎?
167. Yes, a little.
會講一點。
168. How long have you studied English?
你學英語多久了?
169. He speaks English fluently.
他講英語很流利。
170. Your English is very good.
你的英語很好。
171. You speak English pretty well.
你的英語講的很好。
172. Are you a native speaker of English?
你的母語是英語嗎?
173. My native language is Chinese.
我的母語是漢語。
174. He speaks with London accent.
他帶點倫敦口音。
175. He has a strong accent.
他口音很重。
176. I have some difficulty in expressing myself.
我表達起來有點困難。
177. I'm always confused with "s" and "th".
我常把s和th搞混。
178. Can you write in English?
你能用英文寫文章嗎?
179. Your pronunciation is excellent.
你的發音很好。
180. How can I improve my spoken English?
我該怎樣才能提高口語水平?
Talking About Activities 談論活動
181. What are you doing?
你在做什麼?
182. I'm reading a book.
我在看書。
183. I'm cooking.
我在做飯。
184. Are you watching TV now?
你在看電視嗎?
185. Yes, I'm watching Channel 5.
是的,我在看5頻道。
186. No, I'm listening to the radio.
沒有,我在聽收音機。
187. Where are you going?
你去哪裡?
188. I'm going to work.
我去上班。
189. Who are you writing to?
你在給誰寫信?
190. I'm writing to an old friend.
給一個老朋友。
191. What will you do this weekend?
這週末你將做什麼?
192. I'll go to a concert.
我要去聽音樂會。
193. I'll go on an outing with some friends.
我與朋友去郊遊。
194. Do you like traveling?
你喜歡郊遊嗎?
195. Yes, I like it a great deal/it very much.
是的,我很喜歡。
About Age 關於年齡
196. How old are you?
你多大了?
197. I'm twenty-two.
我二十二了。
198. Mr. Smith is still in his forties.
史密斯先生才四十幾歲。
199. I'm two years younger than my sister.
我比我姐小兩歲。
200. My older sister is one year older than her husband.
我姐比他丈夫大一歲。
201. He's the youngest in the family.
他是一家中最小的。
202. He looks much younger than he is.
他看起來比他實際上年輕得多。
203. I came here when I was 20.
我二十歲來這兒。
204. I started school at the age of 6.
我六歲開始上學。
205. My father is over 60 years old.
我父親已年過六十了。
206. Most of them are less than 30.
他們中大多數不到30歲。
207. I guess he's about 30.
我猜他大概30歲。
208. She's going to be 15 next month.
下個月她就滿15了。
209. They'll have a party for their 10th wedding anniversary.
他們將為結婚十周年開個晚會。
210. He's still a boy after all.
他畢竟還只是個孩子。
Talking About Daily Activities 談論日常生活
211. When do you get up everyday?
每天你幾點起床?
212. I usually get up at 8 o'clock.
我通常8點起床。
213. Where do you have your lunch?
你在哪裡吃午飯?
214. I have my lunch in a snack bar nearby.
我在附近一家速食店吃午飯。
215. What did you have for lunch?
你中午吃些什麼?
216. I had a hamburger and a fried chicken leg?
我吃一個漢堡,一份炸雞腿。
217. What time do you start work?
你什麼時候開始工作?
218. I start work at 8 o'clock.
我八點開始工作。
219. What do you do at work?
你上班幹些什麼?
220. I answer telephones and do some typing.
我接電話和打字。
221. What time do you finish your work?
你什麼時候下班?
222. At 6 o'clock sharp.
6點。
223. What do you do in your spare time?
閒暇時,你幹些什麼?
224. I like listening to pop music.
我喜歡聽流行音樂。
225. I like playing football.
我喜歡踢足球。
Talking About Yesterday 談論昨天的事
226. When did you get up yesterday morning?
你昨天早上幾點起床?
227. At about seven.
七點左右。
228. I heard the clock, but I didn't get up until 9.
我聽見鬧鐘了,但我捱到九點才起。
229. I woke up seven and got up right away.
我七點醒了,然後馬上起床了。
230. I hurried to my office.
我匆忙趕到辦公室。
231. I had my breakfast on the way.
我在路上吃的早飯。
232. I was just on time.
我剛好趕上。
233. I was 10 minutes late.
我遲到了十分鐘。
234. I had lunch with a friend of mine.
我和我的一個朋友一塊吃了午飯。
235. I finished my work at 6 p.m.
下午6點我下班了。
236. I stayed and did some extra work.
我留下加了一會兒班。
237. The TV programs were really boring, so I went to bed very early.
電視節目很無聊,所以我早早就睡了。
238. I read a magazine in bed.
我躺在床上看雜誌。
239. I didn't sleep well.
我沒睡好。
240. I slept soundly all night.
我整夜睡的很熟。
Talking With Friends 與朋友聊天
241. Hi, Joe, is it really you?
喬,你好,真是你嗎?
242. Hi, Ann. Nice to see you again.
安,你好。真高興再次見到你。
243. It's been a whole year since I last saw you.
我整整一年沒見你了。
244. Yes, but you look as pretty now, as you did then.
但你看起來還是那麼漂亮。
245. Oh, thank you. How have you been these days?
喔,謝謝。這段時間你好嗎?
246. Not too bad.
還好。
247. But you sound so sad.
但聽起來你很傷心。
248. Yes, I lost my pet cat yesterday.
是啊,昨天我的寵物貓丟了。
249. Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.
聽到這消息我很遺憾。
250. That's all right.
沒事兒。
251. Have you seen Kate lately?
最近你看見凱特了嗎?
252. No, I have no contact with her.
沒有。我和她沒有聯絡。
253. I heard she got married last week.
我聽說她上星期結婚了。
254. Oh, how nice. Sorry, I've got to go now.
那真好。對不起,我必須得走了。
255. So do I. See you later. Keep in touch.
我也是,再見。記得聯繫哦。
Talking About The Past 談論過去
256. I used to take a walk in the early morning.
我過去常一大早出去散步。
257. He used to live in my neighborhood.
他曾與我是鄰居。
258. Did you use to go fishing with friends?
過去你常和朋友釣魚嗎?
259. We have known each other for 6 years.
我們認識有六年了。
260. It has been a long time since I last came here.
自從我上次來這裡已經有很長時間了。
261. Have you seen Mr. Smith recently?
最近你見過 史密斯先生嗎?
262. They've been working on this project since last year.
他們從去年開始一直都在做這個項目。
263. I've been watching TV all night.
我看了一整晚的電視。
264. The movie began as soon as we got there.
我們一到那兒電影就開始了。
265. When I arrived at the station, the train had already left.
我到車站時,火車已經開了。
266. The late arrival of the ship had messed up all our plans.
船到晚了,把我們的計畫全打亂了。
267. I had thought he knew the time of the meeting.
我原以為他知道開會時間。
268. They had excepted me to go with them.
他們原本希望我和他們一起去。
269. That was the third time that I had visited the place.
那是我第三次參觀那地方了。
270. After I had finished my paper, I put it in the drawer.
我寫完考卷,就把它放在抽屜了。
Asking About The Address 詢問地址
271. Hi, Jack, where do you live now?
你好,傑克,你現在住哪裡?
272. I live at 203 Curzon Street.
我住在可勝街203號。
273. Curzon Street? Isn't Mary living there?
可勝街?瑪麗不是也住那兒嗎?
274. Yes, she lives just across the street.
是的,她就住在街對面。
275. How long have you stayed there?
你在那兒住多久了?
276. Just a few months.
才幾個月。
277. How about Mary? How long has she lived there?
瑪麗怎麼樣?她在那兒住多久了?
278. She's been living there since her birth.
她一出生就住那兒。
279. Will you stay there for long?
你會在那兒待很長時間嗎?
280. No, I'll move to Hollywood next month.
不,我下個月搬到好萊塢去。
281. Oh, really? I'm moving there too.
真的?我也會搬到那兒去。
282. Great. Then we can drink beer together.
棒極了,我們可以一起喝啤酒了。
283. Yes, and you may stay there longer.
對,而且你也許會在那兒住久一些。
284. I hope so.
希望如此。
285. I'm sure we'll have a good time.
我相信我們會很開心的。
Asking Questions 提問
286. Where are you going?
你去哪裡?
287. Where did you go for dinner yesterday?
你們昨天去哪裡吃的飯?
288. When will he come to see you?
他什麼時候來看你?
289. When did you buy the car?
你什麼時候買的車?
290. Who told you?
誰告訴你的?
291. Who will accompany you to the airport?
誰將陪你去機場?
292. Why don't you agree?
你為什麼不同意?
293. Why not go out for a walk?
為何不出去散步?
294. How did you doing spend your holiday?
你假期怎麼過的?
295. How are you doing these days?
這些日子你怎麼樣?
296. What did he say in the letter?
他在信裡說什麼了?
297. What are you going to do with the books?
你打算拿這些書怎麼辦?
298. What were you doing when I called?
我打電話給你時你在幹嗎?
299. I was about to leave.
我正要出門。
300. Can you guess what I was doing this morning?
你能猜到今天上午我在做什麼嗎?
Measuring And Comparing 形容物品、度量、比較
301. What's the height of the building?
這座樓有多高?
302. How much does the elephant weight?
這個大象有多重?
303. What's the color of your new dress?
你的新衣服是什麼顏色的?
304. What's the size of your shoes?
你的鞋尺寸多大?
305. My brother is twice as tall as your sister.
我弟弟比你妹妹高一倍。
306. My grandma is 40 years older than me.
我祖母比我大40歲。
307. This river is one third as long as that river.
這條河只有那條河的三分之一長。
308. What's the shape of your balloon?
你的氣球是什麼形狀?
309. How wide is this bridge?
這座橋有多寬?
310. How thick is the ice here?
這兒的冰有多厚?
311. This metal is harder than that one.
這種金屬比那種硬。
312. He can run as fast as Jim.
他跑的和吉姆一樣快。
313. Kate is smarter than I.
凱特比我聰明。
314. How long do you watch TV every day?
你每天看多長時間電視?
315. How often do you go swimming?
你多久去遊一次泳?
Asking For Help 尋求幫助
316. Would you please open the door for me?
請你幫忙開個門好嗎?
317. May I ask you a question?
我能問你個問題嗎?
318. Please give me a hand.
請幫我忙。
319. Could you do me a favor?
能請你幫個忙嗎?
320. Would you help me remove the refrigerator?
能幫忙移一下冰箱嗎?
321. Get me my coat, please.
請幫我拿下外套。
322. Make me a cup of coffee, will you?
幫我沖杯咖啡,好嗎?
323. Call me tomorrow if you have time.
明天要有時間就給我打個電話。
324. Could you tell me where I can find these books?
您能告訴我在哪裡能找到這些書嗎?
325. Certainly.
當然了。
326. Witch pleasure.
很高興。
327. I'm sorry. I'm engaged now.
對不起,我現在正忙著。
328. I'm glad to, but I'm afraid I don't have the time.
我很樂意,但我恐怕沒時間。
329. Would you mind closing the window for me?
能幫我關一下窗戶嗎?(你介意關窗戶嗎?)
330. Not at all.
當然可以。(當然不介意)
Asking Directions 打聽情況和問路
331. Excuse me, madam. Could you tell me where the post office is?
對不起,女士,請問郵局在哪裡?
332. It's just around the corner.
轉彎就是。
333. Excuse me, how can I get to the bus station?
對不起,汽車站怎麼走?
334. You can take the bus and get off at the second stop.
你可以坐公共汽車第二站下。
335. Excuse me. Where is No.5 Street?
對不起,第五大街在哪裡?
336. Go straight ahead and turn left at the second crossing.
直走並在第二個十字路口往左轉。
337. Excuse me. Can you tell me how to get to Mr. Hu's restaurant?
對不起,你能告訴我怎麼去 胡先生的餐館嗎?
338. Go on for about 100 meters. It's on your left side. You can't miss it.
往前走約 100米,在你左手邊,你不會錯過的。
339. Which one is Mr. Jame's office?
哪間是 詹姆士先生的辦公室?
340. It's Room 201 on the second floor.
二樓201房間。
341. Can I use the lift?
我能用電梯嗎?
342. Sorry, it's broken. You have to use the stairs.
對不起,它壞了,你只能走樓梯了。
343. Where are the stairs?
樓梯在哪裡呢?
344. Go along the corridor and it's on your right side.
沿著走廊走,在你右手邊。
345. Thank you for directions.
感謝你為我指路。
About Marriage 關於婚姻
346. Are you married?
你結婚了嗎?
347. I'm single.
我現在單身。
348. You have a younger brother, don't you?
你有個弟弟,是嗎?
349. How is your family?
你的家人怎麼樣?
350. She's engaged/married to John.
她和約翰訂婚/結婚了。
351. How long have you been married?
你們結婚多久了?
352. We've been married for 2 years.
我們結婚兩年了。
353. My parents got married in 1954.
我父母1954年結婚的。
354. Mary gave birth to a baby last week.
瑪麗上星期當媽媽了。
355. They've been divorced.
他們已離婚了。
356. His wife died a year ago. Now he lives alone.
他妻子去年去世了。現在他一個人住。
357. My aunt will come to live with me for some days.
我阿姨會來和我住一些日子。
358. John has his own family now.
約翰現在有自己的家了。
359. Do you live with your parents?
你和你父母住一起嗎?
360. No. I live in my own house.
不,我住在自己的房子裡。
Talking About Neighbors And Friends 談論鄰居和朋友
361. Do you know Mary?
你認識瑪麗嗎?
362. Sure. We are friends since primary school.
當然,我們從小學就是朋友了。
363. Really? I was introduced to her just last weekend.
真的?上週末我才被介紹給她。
364. What is she doing now?
她現在幹些什麼呢?
365. She told me she wanted to start a company.
她告訴我她想開公司。
366. Start a company? But I thought she would be a scholar.
開公司?我原以為她會成為一個學者
367. People are always changing, aren't they?
人總是會變的,不是嗎?
368. Yes, you're right. After all, she is smart enough to go into business.
是啊,你說得對。畢竟,她完全有經商才智。
369. But she doesn't have much experience.
但她沒有太多經驗。
370. You two don't have much contact?
你們倆沒怎麼聯繫嗎?
371. No, I only wrote her a letter this year.
是的,今年我才寫過一封信給她。
372. And she?
她呢?
373. She sent me a Christmas card last year.
去年寄過一張聖誕卡。
374. Oh, that's not good.
哦,那可不好。
375. Yes, we should try to contact more.
是的,我們應該聯繫多點。
Planning The Future 計畫將來
376. What time are you going to leave for the airport tomorrow?
你明天打算什麼時候去機場?
377. Is he coming to dinner?
他回來吃飯嗎?
378. I'm going to the bookstore. Will you go with me?
我要去書店,你會和我去嗎?
379. They're going to discuss it at the meeting next Friday.
他們將在下週五的會上討論這個問題。
380. I'll be waiting for you at the restaurant this time tomorrow.
我明天這時候在餐廳等你。
381. After I get home, I'll call you.
到家以後,我會給你打電話。
382. How will you spend the evening?
你晚上做什麼?
383. I'll probably stay home and watch TV.
我可能會待在家看電視。
384. What's your plan for the summer holiday?
暑假計畫做什麼?
385. I'm thinking about a visit to Paris.
我在考慮去巴黎旅遊。
386. There's going to be a pottery exhibition at the art gallery.
藝術館將有一次陶瓷展。
387. You are still thinking about a doctor, aren't you?
你還是當醫生,是嗎?
388. What will you do about it?
你會拿這事怎麼辦?
389. What do you want to do after graduation?
你畢業後想做什麼?
390. I'll further my study.
我想繼續深造。
Talking About The Weather 談論天氣
391. Have you heard the weather forecast?
你聽天氣預報了嗎?
392. No, what does it say?
沒有,它說什麼了?
393. We'll have fine weather for the next few days?
往後幾天天氣晴朗。
394. But it's still raining today!
可今天還在下雨。
395. It is said it will clear up tonight.
天氣預報說今晚雨就會停。
396. What will it be after the clear weather?
晴天以後天氣會怎麼樣?
397. It says a storm may come next month.
天氣預報說下個月會有一場暴風雨。
398. And it may get colder, it's already November.
並且天氣會更冷。
399. Yes, and I hope we can have some snow this winter.
是的,我希望今年冬天會下雪。
400. I'm afraid it won't be cold enough for a snowfall.
我恐怕天不會冷的下雪。
401. But last year we had a big one.
但去年下了大雪。
402. Yes, but you know global warming may raise the temperature.
是的,但全球變暖會使氣溫上升。
403. You are probably right.
你也許是對的。
404. I'm going skating in the Alps next month.
下個月我去阿爾卑斯山滑雪。
405. I hope the weather there is cold enough.
我希望那兒天氣夠冷。
About Sickness 關於生病
406. How are you feeling today?
你今天感覺怎麼樣?
407. I don't feel very well.
我覺得不太舒服。
408. Do you feel better now?
你現在覺得好點了嗎?
409. Much better.
好多了。
410. I'm sick.
我病了。
411. He's got a bad headache.
他頭痛的厲害。
412. My fever is gone.
我的燒已經退了。
413. What's the matter with you?
你怎麼啦?
414. I've got a pain in my back.
我背痛。
415. It really hurts.
好痛。
416. It hurts right here.
就這裡痛。
417. It's bleeding. You'd better see a doctor about that cut.
在流血呢,你最好找個醫生看這傷口。
418. Call the doctor!
快打電話叫醫生!
419. Take two pills and have a good rest.
吃兩顆藥,好好休息一下。
420. I hope you'll be well soon.
祝你早日恢復健康。
Talking About Habits 談論日常生活習慣
421. I get up at 8 every morning.
每天早上我8點起床。
422. I then take a bath in the bathroom.
然後我去浴室洗澡。
423. I shave, brush my teeth, and comb my hair.
我洗臉,刷牙,梳頭。
424. I put on a bit of makeup.
我化個妝。
425. I cooked breakfast for the family.
我為一家人做早餐。
426. I go downstairs and have my breakfast.
我下樓吃早飯。
427. I read the newspaper over breakfast.
我邊吃早飯邊看報紙。
428. I wake my sister up.
我叫醒我妹妹。
429. I dress my sister and wash her hands and face.
我幫我妹妹穿衣服,洗臉洗手。
430. I get to my office at 10.
我十點到辦公室。
431. I leave the office at 7.
我七點離開辦公室。
432. I brush my teeth before I eat breakfast.
我吃早餐前刷牙。
433. I buy some food on my way home.
我回家路上買些吃的。
434. I pick up my sister from her school.
我到學校接妹妹。
435. We go to bed at 11.
我們十一點睡覺。
Asking For Other's Opinions 詢問別人的意見
436. What do you think about it?
你對此怎麼看?
437. Is that right?
那樣對嗎?
438. Absolutely right.
絕對正確。
439. I think you're mistaken about that.
我想你那樣不對。
440. Is that ok?
這樣行嗎?
441. That's ok/fine.
挺好的。
442. That's excellent.
太棒了。
443. He was absent yesterday. Do you know why?
昨天他沒到,你知道為什麼嗎?
444. Do you have any idea?
你怎麼想?
445. I suppose he was sick.
我猜他大概是病了。
446. Will it rain tomorrow?
明天會下雨嗎?
447. No, I don't think so.
不,我想不會。
448. Do you really want to know what I think?
你真想知道我怎麼想嗎?
449. Please give me your advice.
請給我提些建議。
450. I want to hear your opinion.
我想聽聽你們想法。
Making Plans 訂計畫
451. What do you plan to do this Friday?
明天你打算做什麼?
452. What are you doing next week?
下週你做什麼?
453. I plan to go to the concert.
我打算去聽音樂會。
454. I'm thinking of going to my grandma's.
我想去外婆家。
455. I'll go skiing of the weather permits.
天氣允許的話,我會去滑雪。
456. I suppose I can finish the project next year.
我想我明年完成此工程。
457. I have no idea.
我不知道。
458. It's up to you.
由你決定。
459. I'm considering buying a house.
我考慮買棟房子。
460. Hi, Jack, what lessons will you take this semester?
你好,傑克,這學期你選什麼課?
461. Hi, Lucy. I'll take French and Economics.
你好,露西,我想選法語和經濟。
462. I'm taking Chinese and History.
我將選中文和歷史。
463. Do you plan to do some odd jobs?
你打算工讀嗎?
464. Yes, I'm applying to work at the library.
是的,我在申請圖書館管理員的工作。
465. Good luck!
祝你好運。
About Decisions 關於決定
466. It's up to you.
由你決定。
467. You have the final say.
你說了算。
468. She insists that it doesn't matter.
她堅持說那沒關係。
469. He's made up his mind to quit his job.
他已決定辭去他的工作。
470. I've decided not to sell the house.
我決定不賣房子了。
471. I'm determined to leave.
我決意要走了。
472. Have you decided?
你決定了嗎?
473. No, I haven't decided yet.
不,還沒有。
474. I've changed my mind.
我改變心意了。
475. It's still undecided.
還沒決定。
476. Don't hesitate any more.
別在猶豫了。
477. Give me a definite answer, please.
請給個明確的答復。
478. It's really hard to make a decision.
挺難做決定的。
479. I'm always making resolutions, like giving up smoking.
我總在做決定,比如戒煙。
480. Don't shilly-shally.
別猶豫不決。
Traveling 旅遊
481. Do you like traveling?
你喜歡旅遊嗎?
482. Yes, I've just come back from Scotland .
是的,我剛從蘇格蘭回來。
483. How did you get there?
你怎麼去的?
484. I got there by plane.
我坐飛機去的。
485. Where did you visit?
你去參觀了哪些地方?
486. I only had time to visit Edinburgh.
我只有時間去愛丁堡。
487. How did you like it?
你喜歡那兒嗎?
488. It's fantastic.
那兒棒極了。
489. Why did you go there?
你為什麼去那兒?
490. I went there on business.
我出差到那兒。
491. And do you have friends there?
你在那兒有朋友嗎?
492. Yes, a lot of friends.
是的,很多。
493. You must have enjoyed yourself.
你一定玩的很開心。
494. Yes, and I took many pictures.
是的,我還照了好多照片。
495. Please let me see them.
讓我看看。
About Shopping 關於購物
496. Will you go shopping with me?
你跟我去買東西嗎?
497. Here's your change.
這是找你的錢。
498. I'll go to pick up some odds and ends at the store.
我要到商店買些零碎的東西。
499. Excuse me, would you tell me where I can get some butter?
打擾一下,您能告訴我奶油在哪裡賣嗎?
500. May I have a look at the watch?
我能看看這隻錶嗎?
501. May I try it on?
我能試試嗎?
502. This is too small to me. Do you have a bigger one?
這個太小了,有大點的嗎?
503. Do you have any more colors?
有別的顏色嗎?
504. What's your size?
你穿多大尺寸?
505. It suits you.
特別適合你。
506. It's too expensive for me.
對於我來說太貴了。
507. Can you come down a bit?
可以再便宜點嗎?
508. I'll take it.
我買了。
509. How much is it?
這賣多少錢?
510. How much do I have to pay?
我該付多少錢?
In The Restaurant 餐館進餐
511. What would you like to eat?
你想吃點什麼?
512. Are you ready to order?
你要點菜了嗎?
513. I'd like some steak and bread.
我要牛排和麵包。
514. What would you like for dessert?
你要什麼甜點?
515. I'll have some ice cream.
我要冰淇淋。
516. Do you want some fruit?
你要水果嗎?
517. Yes, please. I want an apple.
是的,我要一個蘋果。
518. Anything to drink?
喝點什麼?
519. A small glass of whisky, please.
請來一小杯威士忌。
520. Here is your food.
你的菜來了。
521. Bring me the bill please.
請買單。
522. Can I pay by check or credit card?
我能用支票或信用卡嗎?
523. Sorry, we only take cash.
對不起,我們只收現金。
524. Here you are.
錢給你(你要的東西在這裡)。
525. Here is your change.
找您的錢。
About Evening Entertainment 關於夜生活
526. I'm free tonight.
我今晚有空。
527. Shall we go to the cinema?
我們去看電影好嗎?
528. Do you know what's on tonight?
你知道今天上演什麼?
529. May I ask you for a dance?
可以請你跳支舞嗎?
530. With pleasure.
很榮幸。
531. Sorry, I'm engaged.
對不起,我有約在先了。
532. What about another dance?
再跳一曲好嗎?
533. You're a good dancer.
你舞跳得真好。
534. What's on Channel 8 now?
第8頻道現在播什麼節目?
535. I don't know. You may look in the TV Guide.
我不知道,你可以看看電視節目表。
536. Let's see what else is on.
讓我們看看有沒有別的節目。
537. Did you see the special last night?
昨晚你看特別節目了嗎?
538. I don't want to see any more of this TV show.
我不想再看這個電視節目了。
539. Can we change the channel?
能換個頻道嗎?
540. I want to see the weather.
我想看天氣預報。
Appointments 約會
541. I'd like to make an appointment with Mrs. Green.
我想約個時間見格 林女士。
542. She's free on Friday and Saturday.
她週五和週六有空。
543. Sorry, can I see her before Friday?
對不起,我能週五之前見她嗎?
544. Let me see. She has 30 minutes Tuesday afternoon.
讓我查查,她週二下午有30分鐘。
545. At what time?
什麼時間?
546. From 4 to 5.
四點到五點。
547. All right.
好吧。
548. So you'll come then. Please phone in if you can't make it.
你就那時候來,如果來不了,請打電話通知我。
549. I have an interview this afternoon.
我今天下午有面試。
550. I can come any time except Sunday.
除星期天外我都能來。
551. You can reach me at 2371-5520.
你打電話2371-5520就能找到我。
552. He phoned to cancel the meeting.
他打電話來取消會議。
553. Please call me before you come.
你來之前請打電話。
554. Please make an appointment with my secretary.
請跟我秘書定個見面時間。
555. I have to change my appointment from Monday to Thursday.
我不得不把約會從週一改到週四。
Seeing A Doctor 看醫生
556. What's your trouble?
你有什麼不舒服?
557. How long have you had it?
你得這病多久了?
558. I should say you've caught a cold.
我看你感冒了。
559. You need an injection.
你需要打針。
560. Is it serious?
我的病嚴重嗎?
561. Do I need to be hospitalized?
我需要住院嗎?
562. Have you seen the doctor?
你看過醫生了嗎?
563. What did the doctor say?
醫生怎麼說?
564. Jack is up and about now.
傑克病後復原了。
565. The doctor says that I should take quinine.
醫生說我應該服用奎寧(抗虐疾用藥)。
566. What sort of medicine do you take?
你吃的是什麼藥?
567. The doctor says that I should not eat anything oily.
醫生說我不能吃油膩的東西。
568. I had a shot of penicillin.
我打了一針盤尼西林。
569. You have to be operated on.
你得做手術。
570. He gave me a chest X-ray and took my blood pressure.
他給我照了X光並量血壓。
Making A Phone call 打電話
571. Hello. May I speak to Mr. Green?
你好,我找格 林先生。
572. Just a moment.
等一會兒。
573. Hold on.
等一會兒。
574. He's not in. May I take a message for him?
他不在,我能替他捎個口信嗎?
575. Yes, please.
是的,麻煩了。
576. Would you answer the phone please?
你能接下電話嗎?
577. I want to make a long distance call.
我想打個長途電話。
578. This is Mary Speaking.
我是瑪麗。
579. Would you tell Mr. Green that I called?
你能告訴格 林先生我給他打了個電話嗎?
580. I must have dialed a wrong number.
我一定撥錯號瑪了。
581. I couldn't get through.
我打不通。
582. I have to hang up now.
我得掛電話了。
583. Would you call back tomorrow?
你能明天回個電話嗎?
584. There's something wrong with the phone.
電話出了點兒毛病。
585. I tried to call you, but the line was busy.
我試著給你打電話但線路不通。
About Mail 關於郵政
586. I have received a letter from my cousin.
我收到了我表兄的信。
587. I haven't heard from him for a long time.
我很久沒有收到他的信了。
588. Send a postcard to me when you arrive in England .
你到英國以後給我寄張明信片。
589. I put some photographs in the envelope.
我在信裡夾了幾張照片。
590. He hasn't answered my letter yet.
他還沒有給我回信。
591. My mother mailed me a parcel.
我媽給我寄了一個包裹。
592. We keep in touch with each other by Email since he left Taiwan .
他離開台灣以後,我們用Email保持聯繫。
593. Don't forget to put stamps on your letter.
別忘了貼郵票。
594. How long does it take for a letter to get to America from Taipei?
信從台北到美國要多久?
595. You've got an express mail.
你有特快專遞。
596. To make it fast, you can send a fax.
要想快點的話就發個傳真。
597. My mother has sent me a registered letter, I guess she has something important to tell me.
我媽寄了封掛號給我,我想她有什麼重要的事情要說。
598. I find my name on the blackboard. I must have got a remittance.
我在黑板上看到我的名字,肯定有我的匯款。
599. Do you want to airmail it or not?
你想發航空信嗎?
600. I drop the letter into the mailbox in front of the Post Office.
我把信投進郵局前面的郵筒裡。
Talking About Feelings 談論感受
601. You look radiant tonight.
你今晚真是光彩照人。
602. It was a terrible experience.
那是一次可怕的經歷。
603. I am on top of the world.
我高興到了極點。
604. The dinner was wonderful.
晚餐棒極了。
605. The Christmas tree is beautiful.
聖誕樹真漂亮。
606. What a boring movie it is!
多麼無聊的一場電影啊。
607. How can he give us such a tedious lecture!
他怎麼能做這麼沉悶乏味的演講。
608. How fragrant the flowers are!
這些花真香!
609. The party is making too much noise.
這次聚會太吵了。
610. You look beauty in that dress.
你穿這條裙子顯的很漂亮。
611. The coat doesn't suit you.
這件外衣不太適合你。
612. His flattery makes me sick.
他的恭維讓我噁心。
613. We had a good time.
我們玩得很開心。
614. We enjoyed ourselves very much.
我們玩得很開心。
615. I am bored to death.
我無聊死了。
Looking For A House 尋找住房
616. This house is for rent.
此房出租。
617. It's really a bargain.
租金很便宜。
618. I want to rent a furnished house.
我想要有傢俱的房子。
619. That house is for sale. It has central heating.
此房出售,房子裡有供暖設備。
620. What kind of furniture do you like?
你喜歡什麼樣的傢俱?
621. This is a rather old house. It needs painting.
這房子挺舊的,得刷一下才行。
622. I want an apartment with two bedrooms and a kitchen.
我想要一套有兩間臥室和一個廚房的公寓。
623. The houses downtown are very expensive.
市區的房子很貴。
624. How much is the rent for a month?
每月租金多少?
625. I feel at home living here. The landlady is very kind to me.
我覺得住在這裡像在家裡一樣。 房東太太對我很好。
626. We have a few kitchen things and a dining room set.
我們有一些廚房用具和一套餐廳設備。
627. There's no gas range in the kitchen, but you can use the electric stove.
廚房裡沒有煤氣灶,但你可以用電爐。
628. There is a shower in the bathroom.
浴室裡有淋浴器。
629. I have a dog, but it's very quiet.
我有一隻狗,不過它很安靜。
630. The room has a big closet. You can put your baggage in it.
房間裡有個大櫥櫃,你可以把你的行李放進去。
Talking About Dressing 談論衣著
631. What will you wear for the party?
晚會上你穿什麼?
632. I'll wear my blue dress.
我會穿我的藍色裙子。
633. Don't you think it's too formal?
你不覺得太正式了嗎?
634. Why? What will you wear?
為什麼?你會穿什麼?
635. Just my shirt and jeans.
我就穿襯衣和牛仔褲。
636. You should have your suit cleaned and ironed.
你應該把你的套裝拿去洗燙一下。
637. You'd better put on your jacket. It's cold outside.
你最好穿上夾克,外面冷。
638. The blouse no longer fits me.
這件襯衣不再合我身了。
639. My son has outgrown these trousers.
我兒子已經長的穿不了這條褲子了。
640. The shoes are worn-out.
這鞋已經不能穿了。
641. I don't like wearing the uniform.
我不喜歡穿制服。
642. Do you want to change before the banquet?
宴會前你想換衣服嗎?
643. Your shoe lace is loose.
你的鞋帶鬆了。
644. You forgot to fasten the collar buttons.
你忘了繫鞋帶。
645. Take off your hat. It doesn't fit.
取下你的帽子,它不適合你。
Expressing Different Opinions 表達不同的觀點
646. He is a very creative student.
他是個很有創造力的學生。
647. What you have said about this is very interesting.
你所說的很有意思。
648. I cannot agree with you on this point.
在這一點上,我不能同意你的意見。
649. You've got the point.
你抓住了問題的實質。
650. That's the point.
這正是問題的關鍵。
651. The whole class is in a heated discussion.
全班同學正在熱烈討論。
652. Let's just run through the arguments for and against.
我們來看一下贊成和反對的理由。
653. Please sum up what you said just now.
請把你剛才說的總結一下。
654. Has anybody else anything to say on this?
關於這點,誰還有什麼別的要說嗎?
655. Does anybody share David's opinion?
有誰同意大衛的觀點嗎?
656. Is there any evidence to support what you have said?
有什麼證據可以支援你的說法嗎?
657. Well, it depends.
這得視情況而定。
658. I don't think it's necessary for us to discuss this question any further.
我想我們沒有必要進一步討論這個問題。
659. There are always two sides to everything.
每件是都有兩面性。
660. Finally, we came to an agreement.
最後我們達成了一致。
About Things In The future 考慮將來可能從事的活動
661. I want to be a journalist after graduation.
畢業後我想當記者。
662. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, we'll have a picnic.
如果明天不下雨,我們就去野餐。
663. As soon as he comes, we'll let him know.
他一來,我們就告訴他。
664. You can stay as long as you pay the rent on time.
只要你按時交房租,你就能住這兒。
665. When she leaves, he'll cry for a day.
當她走時,他會哭一整天。
666. She will go into business when she likes to.
她想經商時就會去經商。
667. I'll leave for London if I finish my work today.
如果我今天完成工作,我就會去倫敦。
668. I'll work for 5 years and then go back to school.
我會工作五年,然後會學校。
669. He will become a writer if he goes on doing well in writing.
如果他仍寫的這麼好的話,他將成為一個作家。
670. I hope he will meet me at the airport.
我希望他能到機場接我。
671. I'm thinking of quitting the job.
我在考慮辭職。
672. I plan to learn photography.
我打算學攝影。
673. What do you say if we have to have a party this weekend?
我們週末開個派對,你覺得怎麼樣?
674. She will certainly remain single.
她肯定會保持獨身。
675. He will probably follow in his father's footsteps.
他可能會繼承父業。
Things That Might Have Happened 可能發生的事
676. I would have had a much better holiday if I had stayed at home.
我要是待在家裡的話,假期會好過的多。
677. What have you been doing since I saw you last time?
自從我上次見到你以後你都在做什麼?
678. If I had got enough money yesterday, I would have bought that tape.
如果我昨天錢夠的話,我就買了那捲錄影帶了。
679. Looking back on it, I think I shouldn't have given up the contest so easily.
回過頭來看,我想我不應該如此輕易的放棄那次比賽。
680. Had I taken a taxi, I wouldn't have been late.
如果我打的去的話就不會遲到了。
681. Even if you take the exam again, you won't pass it.
就算再考一次你也通不過。
682. Even if you had given him much more money, he might not have paid off the debt.
就算你給了他更多的錢,他也還不清債務。
683. What would you have done if you hadn't gone out for a picnic yesterday?
如果你昨天沒有出去野餐的話。你會做什麼?
684. I wish I had told him the truth.
我真希望我把真相告訴了他。
685. I wish you hadn't cheated me.
我希望你沒有欺騙我。
686. If it had been fine, we would have gone to the park.
如果天氣好的話,我們就去公園了。
687. Would he have seen you if he hadn't waved to him?
如果你沒有朝他揮手,他能看見你嗎?
688. You should have studied much harder.
你本應該更努力的學習。
689. I had thought about arguing with the teacher about that, but I didn't have enough courage.
我本想 和老師爭論那個問題,但我沒有足夠的勇氣。
690. I had thought about living with my grandparents when my parents went abroad last year.
當我的父母去年出國的時候,我本想和我的祖父母住在一起。
Talking About Likes And Dislikes 詢問喜歡和不喜歡的事
691. What's your favorite sport?
你最喜歡什麼運動?
692. I like football best.
我最喜歡足球。
693. Football is my favorite.
足球是我最喜歡的。
694. Which do you prefer, fishing or mountain-climbing?
釣魚和登山,你更喜歡哪一個?
695. Neither.
一個都不喜歡。
696. What do you like best, apples, pears, or bananas?
蘋果,梨,香蕉,你最喜歡哪個?
697. He's crazy about Michael Jordan.
他瘋狂喜愛邁克‧喬丹。
698. She hates boxing.
她討厭拳擊。
699. She is sick of watching boxing.
她不喜歡看拳擊。
700. She has good taste in clothes.
她對服裝很有品味。
701. What do you like to do in your spare time?
空閒時你喜歡做什麼?
702. I like collecting stamps.
我喜歡收集郵票。
703. I prefer tea to coffee.
和咖啡相比,我更喜歡茶。
704. What do you dislike most about this movie?
這部電影你最不喜歡什麼?
705. I would rather sleep than watch this movie.
我情願睡覺也不看這部電影。
Putting Forward Your Own Opinions 提出自己的想法
706. You should take the advice of your teacher.
你 應該聽老師的話?
707. That's just what I was looking for.
那正是我所期待的。
708. It might be, I suppose.
我想可能是這樣。
709. Good try, but not quite right.
是個很好的嘗試,但並不完全正確。
710. That's rather disappointing.
真是讓人失望。
711. In my opinion, your new coat is not worth so much money.
我認為你的外套不值得這麼多錢。
712. Would you mind not spitting everywhere?
不要隨地吐痰好嗎?
713. It's only a suggestion, you don't have to take it.
這只是一個建議,你可以不聽。
714. If you really want my advice I don't think you should quit school.
如果你真想聽我的意見,我認為你不該退學。
715. Thanks for your advice but I have to consider it myself.
謝謝你的建議,但我得自己想想。
716. He does not pay attention to anybody. You are wasting your time.
他誰的話也不聽,你是在浪費時間。
717. I am old enough to make up my own mind.
我已經長大了,可以自己拿主意了。
718. Your work seems not perfect.
你的工作看起來並不令人滿意。
719. What about your opinion?
你怎麼想?
720. I generally agree with you.
我大體上同意你的看法。
Asking For Help 請別人幫忙
721. Would you open the door for me, please?
你能替我開門嗎?
722. With pleasure.
樂意幫忙。
723. Would you mind opening the window?
你介意開窗嗎?
724. Not at all.
一點兒也不。
725. I wondered if you could buy me some pencils?
我不知道你是否能替我買鉛筆?
726. Sure.
當然。
727. Would you be so kind as to lend me some money?
你能借我一點兒錢嗎?
728. No problem. How much?
沒問題,你要多少?
729. I hope I'm not bothering you.
我希望我沒有打擾你。
730. I hope that will not cause you too much trouble.
我希望那不會給你添太多麻煩。
731. I really appreciate your help.
我非常感謝你的幫助。
732. I don't want to put you to any trouble.
我不想麻煩你。
733. Excuse me, would you give me a hand?
對不起,你能幫我個忙嗎?
734. I'd be glad to help.
我樂意幫忙。
735. Would you mind mailing this letter for me?
你能替我寄這封信嗎?
Getting Ready For A Journey 準備旅行
736. I have so many things to do before I leave.
我走之前還有很多事情要做。
737. I have to drop by the bank to get some money.
我得到銀行去領錢。
738. Traveler's check's are very convenient for long-distance travel.
旅行支票對於長途旅行很方便。
739. Do you have anything to declare?
你有什麼東西要向海關申報的嗎?
740. You have to apply for a passport in advance.
你必須提前申請護照。
741. You don't have to pay any duty on personal belongings.
個人物品不需要關稅。
742. Make it an hour and a half. We have to get more food.
等一個半小時吧,我們還得多準備些食物。
743. Shall we ask Betty to join us?
我們應該叫貝蒂一起去嗎?
744. I put myself entirely in your hands.
我全照你說的辦。
745. Can you tell me the phone number of the inquiry office?
您能告訴我詢問處的電話號碼嗎?
746. Do you like to take a local train or an express?
你想坐普通車還是特快?
747. I have bought a ticket for a sleeper.
我買了張臥鋪票。
748. Have you reserved your ticket?
你訂票了嗎?
749. I would never have thought of it if you hadn't mentioned it.
如果不是你提起的話,我肯定想不到。
750. I will see you off at the railway station.
我會去機場送你。
Countries And Nationalities 國家和國籍
751. Where are you from?
你來自哪裡?
752. What's your nationality?
你是什麼國籍?
753. What's your motherland?
你祖國是哪裡?
754. Are you a native Taiwanese?
你是土生土長的台灣人嗎?
755. What's the population of Taiwan ?
台灣有多少人口?
756. How many provinces do you have?
你們有多少個省?
757. What's the capital of your country?
貴國首都是哪裡?
758. I come from Japan .
我來自日本。
759. I was born in Taiwan and brought up in the U.S.A.
我出生在台灣,在美國長大。
760. My country has an area of 36,000 square kilometers.
我國面積3600平方公里。
761. The capital of Taiwan is Taipei.
台灣首都是台北。
762. We have 21 counties and cities.
我們有21個縣市。
763. My country is rich in natural resource.
我國自然資源豐富。
764. That nation is famous for its tourism.
那個國家以旅遊業聞名。
765. The biggest festival in my country is the Spring Festival.
我國最大的節日是春節。
Geography And Land Features 地理和地貌
766. Geographically, Taiwanis located in the Northern Hemisphere.
從地理位置上說,台灣位於北半球。
767. In this country, the weather is usually very awful.
在這個國家,天氣通常十分惡劣。
768. It is a very beautiful country with many mountains.
這是一個多山的美麗國度。
769. This country is famous for its beautiful lakes.
這個國家以其美麗的湖泊而聞名於世。
770. The land in this region is rather dry and parched.
這片土地十分乾燥。
771. Along the northern coast of this continent, there are many crags.
沿該大陸的北海岸線上有許多峭壁。
772. In Brazil , many ancient forests are very well preserves.
在巴西,古老的森林保存十分完好。
773. Lumbering is very important in some underdeveloped countries.
在一些不發達的國家,伐木業十分重要。
774. The scenery is very beautiful in the small islands in the Pacific Oceans.
太平洋上一些小島的景色十分優美。
775. What kind of climate do you have in this country?
這個國家的氣候如何?
776. In the west of America , there are many high peeks and deep canyons.
在美國西部有許多高峰和深谷。
777. Which one is the longest river in Taiwan ?
台灣哪條河流最長?
778. Do you get much rain in summer?
這裡夏天雨水多嗎?
779. Is the plain along the river good for farming?
河畔的平原易於發展農業嗎?
780. It's cold and foggy in London at this time of the year.
在每年的這個時候,倫敦寒冷而多霧。
School And Education 學校和教育
781. Every one must receive 9 years of compulsory education.
每人必須接受九年義務教育。
782. Children enter primary school at the age of 7.
孩子們7歲進小學。
783. Some students quit school to poverty.
一些學生因貧困而輟學。
784. There is fierce competition in the college Entrance Examination.
大學入學考試競爭激烈。
785. He majored in Computers.
他主修電腦。
786. She is working for her double major in English and Economics.
她正在修英語和經濟雙學位。
787. I graduated from Yale University 5 years ago.
五年前,我從耶魯大學畢業。
788. It is desirable to apply to good schools.
申請好學校是令人嚮往的。
789. Mary is in her freshman year.
瑪麗大學一年級。
790. Lily is in collage now.
莉莉現在在大學。
791. Mike is already a junior.
邁克已經大學三年級了。
792. As a senior, Peter is writing his thesis.
作為大學四年級學生,彼得正在寫畢業論文。
793. Mr. Green is a member of the faculty.
格 林先生是大學教員。
794. In Britain , there are open universities.
在英國,有成人大學。
795. There are many training classes and night classes.
有許多培訓班與夜校。
About Jobs 關於工作
796. What does your father do?
你父親做什麼工作?
797. He is a doctor. He has his own practice.
他是個醫生,他自己開業。
798. Do you have any plan for your career?
你對未來有什麼計畫嗎?
799. I want to be a pilot of possible.
如果可能的話,我想做個飛行員。
800. I hope that I can get a job with a good salary.
我希望有一份高收入的工作。
801. I have an interview next week.
我下周要參加考試。
802. Tom has opened his own business while his classmates are still slogging away at school.
當湯姆的同學還在學校苦讀時,他已經開始了自己的事業。
803. I like writing, but I wouldn't take it as my career.
我喜歡協作但不願以此為職業。
804. I worked as an intern at that firm last summer.
去年夏天我在那家商行實習。
805. He's a very young man though a little proud.
他是個很年輕的人,但是有點驕傲。
806. He made a successful career in business.
他的商務生涯十分成功。
807. My cousin has just been promoted to the rank of major.
我表兄剛被提升為上校。
808. He is a manager of a famous corporation.
他是一家著名公司的經理。
809. The statesman retired as the mayor of New York.
那位政治家退休時是紐約市市長。
810. He was appointed president of the committee recently.
他最近被任命為那個革命會的總裁。
Farms And Factories 農場和工廠
811. This area is noted for its rich soil.
這個地區以土壤肥沃著稱。
812. The place is too stony for farming.
這地方太多石塊,不適合耕種。
813. In the flat country, people grow wheat and raise cattle.
在這平坦的鄉間,人們種指小麥,飼養牲畜。
814. He has bought 10 tractors for the village.
他為村裡買了10台拖拉機。
815. What's the typical farm product in this region?
這個地區典型的農產品是什麼?
816. At this time of the year farmers begin to plow their fields.
每年這個時候,農民們開始犁地。
817. Have you milked the cows?
你已經擠過牛奶了嗎?
818. Pile the hay in the corner.
把乾草堆到邊上。
819. What's the average yearly output of cars in your factory?
你們廠平均年產汽車多少台?
820. The meat packing industry is developing fast.
肉類加工業發展迅速。
821. Farmers are having a bad time.
農夫的日子不好過。
822. State-owned enterprises are getting out of difficulty.
國營企業開始走下坡。
823. How many workshops are there in your factory?
你們廠有多少車間?
824. The computer industry is booming.
電腦業繁榮起來。
825. The information industry helps boost the global economy.
資訊業推進全球經濟發展。
About Hobbies 關於愛好
826. Do you have any hobbies?
你有什麼愛好嗎?
827. What are you interested in?
你對什麼比較感興趣?
828. What are your interests?
你的愛好是什麼?
829. What do you do in your spare time?
空閒時間你做什麼?
830. How do you spend your evenings?
夜生活你都是怎麼過的?
831. Lots of people like stamp collecting.
許多人喜歡集郵。
832. I am a Michael Jordan fan.
我是麥克喬丹迷。
833. Does his film appeal to you?
你喜歡他的電影嗎?
834. Do you go on picnics?
你常去郊遊嗎?
835. I like English literature.
我對英文情有獨鍾。
836. What's so interesting about football? We girls don't like it.
足球有什麼意思?我們女生不喜歡它。
837. She has a particular interest in painting.
她特別愛好繪畫。
838. I often take my mind off my work by reading an interesting novel.
通常我藉著讀本趣味小說使我的注意力從工作上轉移過來。
839. He plays violin just for enjoyment.
他拉小提琴只是為了自娛自樂。
840. Photography is an expensive hobby.
攝影是種昂貴的嗜好。
Recreational Activities 休閒活動
841. What's your favorite sport?
你最喜歡什麼活動?
842. I like football.
我最喜歡足球。
843. What position do you play?
你踢什麼位置?
844. I'm a catcher.
我是個補手(壘球運動中)。
845. Our team beat their team yesterday.
昨天,我們隊打敗了他們隊。
846. We are sure to beat them.
我們一定會打敗他們。
847. How many years have you been playing ping pong?
你打乒乓球多少年了?
848. My favorite winter sport is skiing.
我最喜歡的動機運動是滑雪。
849. The basketball race is exciting.
那次籃球冠軍賽真刺激。
850. I was on the track team 10 years ago.
十年前,我在田徑隊。
851. I prefer fishing to swimming.
比起游泳,我更喜歡釣魚。
852. She is a member of the ski club.
她是滑雪俱樂部的成員。
853. The hardest thing to learn is to be a good loser.
最難學的一點是做一個輸的起的人。
854. My class went camping last summer.
去年夏天我們班去露營了。
855. He's good at lifting weights.
他善於舉重。
About Newspapers And Magazines 關於報紙雜誌
856. I buy to a lot of magazine last year.
去年我買了許多期刊。
857. Tom reads newspapers in the afternoon.
湯姆下午讀報。
858. What kind of newspapers do you read?
你讀什麼樣的報紙?
859. Newspapers and magazines keep me updated on current affairs.
報紙和期刊讓我瞭解時事。
860. What column do you like the best?
你最喜歡哪個專欄?
861. Which do you like better, the news or the editorial?
新聞和評論你最喜歡看哪個?
862. Do you read advertisements too?
你也看廣告嗎?
863. I recommend to you Time and Newsweek. They are excellent.
我向你推薦時代和新聞週刊,它們很棒。
864. Fashion is a very popular magazine in America .
時尚是美國很流行的雜誌。
865. What's the circulation of this magazine?
這雜誌發行量怎麼樣?
866. Why don't you put an advertisement in the paper to sell that old car?
為什麼不在報上登廣告賣舊車呢?
867. I once took a part-time job delivering the Evening Post.
我曾幹過送晚報的兼職。
868. Have you read the article about the rescue of the hostage?
你看了關於營救人質的文章了嗎?
869. There was much news in the morning paper today.
今天的日報上有許多新聞。
870. My friend Tom is a reporter for the New York Times.
我朋友湯姆是《紐約時報》的記者。
Radio And TV 收音機和電視機
871. What channel are you watching now?
現在你在看哪個新聞頻道?
872. There's TV coverage of the NBA tournament.
有個NBA聯賽的電視報導。
873. Do you have a TV guide?
你有電視節目表嗎?
874. You'll be on air in two minutes.
兩分鐘以後你會上電視。
875. Channel 5 is off the air now.
第五頻道已經停止播放。
876. Turn up your radio please.
請你把收音機開大聲一點兒。
877. We can't get good pictures on our TV set.
我們的電視機影像有問題。
878. Can this radio receive short-wave?
這個收音機能收短波嗎?
879. If you install an outside antenna, you will have better reception.
如果你裝了室外天線,你的電視收訊效果會好些。
880. Turn down the radio please.
請降低音量。
881. We'll have a soap opera series on TV this week.
這週末我們會在電視上看到一系列連續劇。
882. Please turn in next time.
請下次收聽。
883. We're broadcasting from London.
我們從倫敦播放。
884. You can see our program at short wave 37.5 MH.
你可在短波37.5赫茲上看我們的節目。
885. There's too much noise.
太多噪音了。
About Music And Literature 關於音樂和文學
886. What's your favorite music?
你最喜歡什麼音樂?
887. Do you often go to a concert?
你經常去聽音樂會嗎?
888. I hate Jazz. It's too noisy.
我討厭爵士,太吵了。
889. Do you like pop music?
你喜歡流行音樂嗎?
890. I have never heard the piece before, who wrote it?
我從沒聽過這首曲子,誰寫的?
891. What do you think of their skill?
你覺得他們演奏技術如何?
892. I find classical concerts more to my liking than rock concerts.
我覺得古典音樂會比搖滾音樂會更適合我。
893. I've never read a more stirring story.
我從來沒讀過比這更令人激動的故事。
894. He has a passion for music.
他很熱衷於音樂。
895. I am most attracted by Dickens.
狄更斯的作品更吸引我。
896. I never grow tired of novels though I read them everyday.
我每天看小說,但從沒厭煩過。
897. On Sundays I often spend some time reading in the library.
星期天我經常在圖書館裡看些書。
898. What do think about this poem?
你覺得這首詩如合?
899. I like Shakespeare better than Milton.
與米爾頓比起來,我更喜歡莎士比亞。
900. How much do you know about the works of George Eliot?
喬治‧艾略特的作品你知道多少?